Sunday, January 9, 2011

January 8, 2011

Hello. Praying always seemed stupid, uncomfortable to me because of the word. It comes with the baggage of my Catholic upbringing, visions of the hands clasped together, halos and eyes gazing up to the heavens. It's just a word and organized religion does not have the sole right to it. It's my shit of course and the upbringing anyway here goes. I'm praying for Congresswoman Giffords. She was injured so badly by that bullet that part of her skull is detached from her head. The doctors removed it to treat her. That is so amazing to me that a person can survive such a procedure after having a bullet at close range go through their head.

How can this be? God is not real, God is a feeling of good that we have. God is a flower. God is that nine year old girl whose life was taken yesterday. I just put a risky post of fb stating just this. It was not inflammatory, it was not saying that god is dead or doesn't exist. It's the new me. I need to respect others views and feelings.

I also need to focus on my Artist Statement which si really difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment