Monday, January 10, 2011

January 10, 2011



Hello. So here we are Monday night and I am still feeling the same...annoying head cold. Sitting in front of the TV watching Keith Olbermann and then Rachel Maddow. Then to bed. I have a big day tomorrow so I will get to sleep early tonight.

I found out that a friend Jeanne Risica died on Dec 31, 2010. This is a photo of Jeanne from her Obituary and this is one of her recent paintings titled "The Kiss" acrylic on canvas. Jeanne was a wonderful woman that I met through my cousin Ron. They collaborated on paintings for many years with beautiful results. The last few years of her life she was making her own paintings as they ended their collaboration. Her solo work was beautiful as it turns out. We hadn't seen each other for quite a while regrettably and I hadn't seen what she had been up to creatively till now. I am quite moved by her beautiful work and the world will miss her.

RIP Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment