Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wet snow in NYC

http://www.bwac.org/home.html

Hello. Yes they have been talking about this storm for a few days and here we are. It did start when they predicted early in the morning and it shows no sign of stopping. Good day to continue with my apartment preparations.

This is a detail from this new large horizontal painting. The surface of the painting is just what I want it to be, messy, beautiful and makes no sense.

This Saturday I am stretching my painting at BWAC - I can't wait to see what it really looks like. I will have to make some decisions about what to crop and in that process some of it is out of my control. That is one problem with painting un-stretched some of the border will be lost.

I was writing an email to a couple of good friends, also artists and telling them my plans for stretching and in the process I figured things out regarding stretching and in theory things should go well. Briefly my plan is to not stretch as taught as I normally would so when it is un-stretched and re-stretched it can be pulled tighter to pass the existing stretch lines. You will be the first to know.

I made the mistake of not telling my sublet to water my only house plant and when I came back it looked a little tired. Well it is back to its beautiful self. Proof that things by nature just want to thrive. Like us.

No comments:

Post a Comment