Monday, February 22, 2010

Now isn't that a lovely notion...


Hello. If anyone is out there reading they must think I am absolutely crazy as opposed to just a little nuts. I had a rather dark day yesterday. Of course I have so much going on and should be very happy at least content but I was totally exhausted and feeling rather old and past it. Of course it is all true but I have moved past the feelings and back in denial and everything is great.

I am in the city and doing some things in my apartment preparing for three new sublets for a month. It is all good as it will make my apartment a nicer place when I return. my studio looks beautiful with three new prepped surfaces fro new paintings which I am thinking about. Thinking about it is just as great as making the work. Once I dive in and start it is kind of quick and then they may be finished as I am working much faster and the paintings are happening quickly. All of this may not be true for the new work but that is what I am thinking.

More to come. I love you and hope you are taking care of yourself. At the risk of sounding like Mr. Rogers.

The image is Carla Klein a painter that I discovered this past year. She is brilliant, the paintings are just as interesting up close as at a distance. A litmus test for good painting personally speaking that is. http://oneartworld.com/Tanya+Bonakdar+Gallery/Carla+Klein+2007.html

This is a great site by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment