Monday, March 2, 2009

Wednesday, March 4, 2009


Hello. I am beginning a new project involving nine medium sized paintings. It is for a Canadian company and their conference rooms. They are naming the rooms after native trees and I am making plans, small paintings for the project. I am hopeful as they have seen my site and like the work. The Sycamore is one of the trees and the image is a close-up of Sycamore bark.

I found this great site for tree photos called www.earlyforest.com
I emailed this guy, the photographer of the site to ask permission to use his images for paintings and He responded that it was fine and he was happy to help. Great guy. Anyway the internet can be amazing for that reason alone. Connecting with a perfect stranger over the love of trees. He sent me a better jpeg of the Sycamore image which is amazing and a view that i would have gone after. Life is crazy, good crazy. I am heading out to EH this Friday am for the weekend to hopefully get back to my studio.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention, I was happy to help. It looks like you used the Sycamore refernce (as seen on your March 18 post) I am very pleased.
    Craig

    ReplyDelete