Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday May 17, 2009














Hello. These three paintings are by Joan Mitchell and I think they are amazing. Left to right they are:
LEFT, CYPRESSES, DIPTYCH, 1975
CENTER TOP, LANDSCAPE TING, 1958 - 1959
RIGHT, CANADA IV, DIPTYCH, 1975

http://www.markperry.org

Great to be back to my blog and NYC. I leave my apartment for three weeks next week. Of course I will be in the city from time to time checking my mail and just checking in but for the most part out east painting and working a new store.

This past weekend I really did some great organizing in the studio. Clearing the decks and opening things up. It looks great and Yesterday I started looking at a painting that I last worked on last Fall. It is a large close-up of Grass, 84"x64" approx. I always new that I had to revisit it and finish it and it looks like it is happening. It is important before taking it down that it be finished. I need to clear the decks before beginning my next group. I am going after a higher degree of realism in a certain part of the painting. Of course that is my Higher degree of realism which is different from most realist painters as I am not that good. But as I have said before what I lack in skill I make up for with boldness. It is so much fun to feel the thrill of painting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment