Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wednesday, February 4th, 2009

Hello. So this is the night before my reception tomorrow evening. My apartment is cleaned up for my sister's visit and then my mother and aunt who arrive on Saturday.

I am very happy with the installation. It was a hard couple of days as I had to stretch two large paintings and that is a one person job and kills the hands but it went well and they are quite taught.

There has been some very nice press about me and the show in The South Hampton Press.

http://www.27east.com/story_detail.cfm?id=193392

A good photo which made me very happy because you never know when someone else takes a picture what the outcome will be. I am sitting in front of one of my paintings. Why write about it I will post the photo. It was taken by the writer Pat Rogers of The SH Press.

So I am very happy with the room. The only thing I would do differently would be to make sure that the room got a fresh coat of white paint. I did a very good touch-up so it looks fine. I will sit in the gallery Wed. and Thurs. so while sitting I will slowly paint the room.

I've hired a photographer, Richard Lewin, good guy, great pic taker. He shot my first reception at Della Femina in East Hampton in 2007 and this party should have more to shoot. It is not cheap but it is a good record and I cam't do it and have fun at the same time. Let's face it I can't do it _ I stink at taking photos of people like that very spontaneous, doesn't work for me. I can shoot nature but let's face it I woudl rather be out in nature than with people anyway. No offense loved ones but it is inspiring.

My round and oval paintings are very regal and worked out better than any expectations. I guess I should but the link to my feature on the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment