Friday, October 17, 2008

Monday, October 20th, 2008


http://www.palinaspresident.com/
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstor/make_believe_maverick_the_real_john_mccain

Hello. This painting "Bamboo" is 16"x20", oil on panel, is the only study of bamboo that I have made. I made it in 2008 when I was preparing for my show at Surface Library Gallery in East Hampton. Part of my installation was a group of 16"x20" panels depicting Joshua Tree National Park. Many closeups of desert flora and some fauna. There were eighteen total (3) rows of six with an eight inch grid all around. You can check it out on my website on the Surface Library page. http://www.markperry.org

I was out in EH over the weekend and I did not find stacks of the October Arts Guide from an early October edition of The East Hampton Star. I placed an ad in the issue and it cost me a beautiful dollar expecting it to be around town in stores, in stacks for most of the month. Granted I did not look in the village of East Hampton but I did check out a couple of stores that carried them last year and this year, a week after it came out, there were none. So I feel it might have been a waste of money. In addition i feel that the newsprint copy did nothing for my painting after all is said and done. My color is vibrant and crisp and it is printed on this newsprint which is better than regular newspaper newsprint but newsprint none-the-less and all color looks dusty and dirty. Live and learn.

You should check out one of my favorite blogs, www.designtherapy.com It is the beautiful blog of Interior Designer Brad Ford. He is featured in this weeks New York magazine, very exciting for him.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment