Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday, September 7, 2008

I am unable to post a photo today but maybe there should be days without an image. Yes. Anyway what is going on? John (the man in my life) and I played a little tennis, not badly I might add.

Started six 12"x12" paintings for Haim's show and we shall see. They are kind of funkie,
just paint and thinner so they will dry quickly and have a matt finish. i would love a little shine but they need to dry so I am putting this restriction on myself. They were fun for me and I thought abou the drawing aspect of them leading up to it and it was fun and ghostlike. they are of course landscape but from my head so there was a nice freedom from the photo reference.

So I made these little paintings by using very wet thinned down paint on a horizontal surface to they did not drip and it dried kind of nicely. Anyway can't wait to revisit them later and swee what is what. I don't know if I mentioned the installation yesterday bit I am really happy with the way it looks and three of the six will improve it still. Unfortunately hardly anyone will see it if they do not make it to the opening reception and that is ahard sell. Out of the way as it it.

I hope someone reads this somewhere out there in this huge plugged in world.

No comments:

Post a Comment