Friday, September 11, 2009

Who's out there? Is that you?


Hello. This view is an installation view of my show. The painting on the right is by Sydney Butchkes. The work is on my site, www.markperry.org

Wow. So here we are. I am in EH my show opened last Saturday night and it was a great party. Regrettably I did not hire a photographer...there I go again feeling sorry for myself on such a day. If I start to think about my work, my business-like approach kicks in but now I want to think about the feeling. Especially as I have little power over the latter.

I do not remember thinking that my work is really worthwhile in the scheme of things. Thinking of creative work as a occupation like other "thought of " occupations. But with the day and the fact that I am mid-century and very happy to be here, working and feeling the feelings.

I guess what I am saying is that I feel my or Anyone's creative anything is more than worthwhile it is needed.. It's raining and the sea is high and engulfing very unlike that beautiful day when I returned to the city from L.I. on the 10th of September 2001.


Mark

1 comment:

  1. Mark - You are an amazing person! Be happy that you have such creativity and have reached the half century point with so many fantastic people who love you!


    Susan

    ReplyDelete