Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm back

Hello, Wow it has been a busy two months since my last post. I can't believe that this much time has gone by. My intention was to try to post daily but life has been very full and here I am.

I am preparing for a show that opens September 5th at SURFACE LIBRARY in East Hampton. My second show with this gallery and I am very excited and a bit nervous as I am doing totally different work. Still based in landscape but very abstracted. I am trying to write about it and assist the galleries PR person in promoting the show - it is very difficult. I have thoughts and then they go away or my mind drifts - very challenging. I am going to try to set aside time every morning to blog and maybe then I will become more consistent.

I got back to the city yesterday and I am leaving today to head back to EH to resume work. My sublet left yesterday and now my apartment is free. It is nice be back and have my place again although the city is hot and disgusting.

So I am going to turn everything off and concentrate on my painting and words to describe it. It is amazing the news of Annie Leibowitz being broke. Who'd a thought we'd have something in common. a retrospective at The National Gallery in London last year and broke today. Shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment